Fees & Services:
- A single item (e.g. one signature on a Will) document examination is $450.00, and includes a written letter of opinion. Additional questioned items for the same case are $200.00 each.
- The fee for anonymous handwriting will depend upon the amount of questioned material (e.g. words or pages), and number of suspects. Most anonymous letter cases are $450.00, for one or two suspects.
- Depositions: $900.00/day.
- Court Appearances: $1,500.00/day.
- The deposition and court appearance fees include courtroom graphics. Travel expenses will apply, if outside the Portland, Oregon area.
- U.S. court appearance fees are due two weeks prior to the scheduled date; overseas trips are 30 days in advance. I am available to travel for trial testimony. My home in Lake Oswego is 20 miles to PDX. Telephonic and Skype testimony is available, as well.
- Trial Consulting: hourly rate.
- Please send me an e-mail containing the following information:
- Your name, phone number, and state or country.
- The number and type (Example: Will, Deed, etc.) of questioned document(s).
- The number of comparison samples that are available to you. Some or all of the exemplars must be on public documents, and not executed for the purpose of my examination. It is best to use a variety of documents such as tax returns, passports, etc.
- If the original documents are unavailable, good quality copies are acceptable.
- Please don’t attach your documents with your first e-mail to me.
- After your case is accepted, you may send the documents via E-mail, FedEx, UPS, or U.S. Mail. No faxes, please.
- Payment methods: PayPal, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Cashier’s Checks, Bank Money Orders, and Postal Money Orders. Personal checks, and Western Union Money Orders are not accepted.
- If you want to use PayPal, I will e-mail you a payment link for the specific amount.
- All payments for document examinations are required in advance.
- After all items are received, my average turnaround time is three to five business days.
Letter of Opinion:
- The letter of opinion will be e-mailed upon completion, and a signed hard copy will follow in the mail, upon request. All original documents will be returned to you promptly.
- The letter of Opinion will include a list of the documents submitted, my opinion, enlargements of the questioned and known handwriting samples, my CV, and the ASTM Standard Guidelines.
I offer the following classes taught live or online:
- Beginning Forgery Detection-2 Hours. This course is recommended for employees of financial institutions or business owners.
- Forensic Document Examination as a Career-1 Hour. This course is recommended for High School and College students.
- How To Protect Your Signature and Prevent Identity Theft: 1 Hour. This course is recommended for the general public.
- **NEW IN 2019: 8-hour live seminar for law enforcement professionals.
Please call for more information on classes and fees. All presentations can be adapted to suit the audience.